Is your water bill increasing and you’re not sure why? It could be a sign of a water leak. If you suspect you have a leak somewhere on your property but you’re not sure where you need water leak detection services. Call Solaris Electric & Plumbing to book an appointment with one of our professionals. A family-owned business since 2008, we guarantee 100% satisfaction to our customers in Orlando, FL.
Act fast when you need burst pipe repairs at your property. Contact us to schedule services in Orlando today!
Risks Associated With Leaking Pipes
If you have leaky pipes around your home, it’s important to have them repaired as soon as possible to avoid water damage to your house and property. Some of the risks associated with leaks can include:
- Flooding of your home and lawn.
- Severe property damage to both the inside and outside of your house.
- Health risks caused by mold, mildew, bacteria, or a broken sewer line.
- Damage to your pipes.
- Electrical shortages that pose risks to your entire household.
- Increase in water bills.
Water Line Leak Detection Techniques Used by Professionals
When you call a professional to inspect your piping system for a leak, he or she will use advanced techniques to determine if there is an issue - and where it is located. Using their expertise, they may perform the following methods:
- Dig and drill: Typically used as a last resort, during this method, experts dig into certain parts of your yard or even drill into your walls or your floor to find the source of the leak.
- Meter detection: Plumbers have a digital apparatus they can use to search for leaks. In this process, a water meter is added to one end of the external point to assess the water pressure to detect if there is a leak present.
- Video camera inspection: Most professionals prefer to use infrared technology to detect leaks. This can involve using a camera that’s designed to take pictures and videos of a pipe at various angles to view any cracks or leaks. This allows them to get an accurate view of the leak, and it avoids having to dig up your yard.
Don't let a leaky water valve ruin your day! From water line repair to replacements, schedule a main water line service with our professionals.
How To Avoid Water Line Leaks
Leaks in your water line can cause major damage to your property. To avoid these issues, follow these steps to prevent leaks from occurring:
- Have your pipes inspected regularly by a professional to look for issues.
- Replace deteriorating or damaged pipes in a timely manner.
- Insulate your pipes during the winter months to avoid freezing.
- Schedule regular drain cleanings.
- Don’t put harmful materials down your drains.
- Know where your pipes run underneath the ground so you can avoid those areas when doing construction projects.
- Plant trees away from pipelines.